Friday, May 30, 2008

Not a "Hair" in the World

Well, it's done. My head is shaved and I'm OK. Actually, I don't look half bad if I do say so myself. I'm shocked at how dark the hair I have left is. Thank you to Donna for keeping my hair colored so well - don't lose your notes!

My hair was already coming out. Not in clumps yet, but in handfuls of strands. After showering this morning it looked like I had a small kitten in the trash can. Once it dried, it was getting everywhere. Even in my oatmeal. I decided that was the final straw. Alexis had to show me how to tie the bandana on my head to keep it somewhat confined for most of the day.

The shaving party began after Scott got home at 5 and Becky and my parents came over. We met the neighbors outside and went to work.



This is me right before. By this time I desperately needed my hair cut and color, but what was the point? And think of the money I'll be saving on cuts, colors, and even shampoo! Getting ready in the morning will be a breeze!



Each of the girls and some of the neighbor kids got in on the act. Alexis had a great time cutting my hair and helped everyone else take a turn. They gave me a mohawk first and we had a good laugh before Scott shaved everything off.


Here's a shot of the family right after.






When we first found out I had to have chemo, Scott said he would shave his head too. I told him, "absolutely not!" So instead, he shaved his mustache. This is only the second time since we met that he's shaved it. What do you think? I talked him into growing it right back. Just looks too different for me.





The final shots are close-ups of Scott and I - what a pair! And we even went out to dinner just like this!




We're picking up my wig tomorrow. I'll have more pics then!

1 comment:

M Golden said...

Sue! You look GREAT! OMG. I don't think you need a wig! And Scott sacrificing his stash for you is awfully sweet. I'm impressed! Good for you!