Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bald for a Day

It's been one full day with no hair and I've got to tell you--it's not bad. Much easier to get ready!

We picked up my wig yesterday. Scott wanted me to try the red one more time. Here's my Velma from Scooby Doo look.





I had two blonde wigs on hold. Here's the first.

And here's the one I got. Slightly more blonde and a little longer.


My parents took Abby and Bella for the evening so Alexis was an only child for the evening. We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. I wore the wig and it was OK. A little hot, but not too bad.


4 comments:

Paul O'Byrne said...

Hi Sue,

very glamorous look there. Maybe I should have gone for that - but I did like all the sympathy and easy upgrades that the chemo-bald look afforded me.

After 11 months, of chemo my hair is coming back (more downy than hairy) so I think it looks worse than bald.

Minor worries, I am sure you agree. Great to see you in good spirits.

Love from your UK "cousin"

Paul
http://paul-cancersurvivorinthemaking.blogspot.com/

Pat said...

Sue,
I just got to work and saw all the pictures. I can't believe how dark it was under all that. You really don't look to bad bald. I wasn't real impressed with the redhead, but the one you picked out looks great. I hope to see you next weekend.
You are really doing great! Hang in there.
Love,
Aunt Pat

june said...

I love the red head! But you know me, my own husband doesn't know my real hair color! He married me as a blonde and I will forever be a blonde! So I would have opted blonde as well. You look great! As for Scott, does he get carded everywhere now? He looks like a new high school grad!

Sue, keep up the great attitude. I know it is hard, but you are doing great!
Love, june

Aud said...

You know, there was a time you'd have loved to be Velma from Scooby Doo! (Ok sure, maybe Daphne was more stylish, but let's face it, she wasn't too bright, and no one wants a stupid girl - for long anyway)
You look great, with and without the wig - not everyone can pull that off, my dear! You look so cute.
I hope you're doing well, and I'm here if you need me.
Aud