Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

No matter how old you are, you still need your mom.

I can't thank my mom enough for helping take care of me, Scott, and the girls since my surgery. She cooked, cleaned, and took the girls to school while Scott worked and I worked on getting my strength back.

She took me to shop for a wig and for a prosthetic and never flinched after seeing my scar. She says that I am strong, but it's only because of her faith that I can get through this.

Dad helped tremendously too with the girls and fixed several things that we've been meaning to get to in the house.

Scott's parents have also been a huge help. Sue stayed with us for a few days and they took the girls with them to Belle for a few days too. Abby has been having the hardest time with this so it was nice for her to have some time away.

I have so many people to thank so far and I know there will be many more...my best friend and sister, Becky who calls daily to check on me and lend support; my friends and neighbors Holly and Tonya who call after every doctor appointment and have set up dinners for the next two weeks; Collette who brought the first dinner that fed us for an entire week!; Pam who brought the next dinner; Natalie who sent her cleaning person over to clean my house; Linda who is the strongest person I know; and Kimmy who calls to let me vent--keep cookin that baby!; Michael for sending a surprise dinner; and Michelle and Jen for sending delicious cookies.

That's not counting everyone who has sent cards and flowers! Your love and support has helped so much! Thank you!

No comments: