Friday, May 9, 2008

More Scans

Ex.haus.ted!

My dad and I were at St. Luke's Outpatient Center at 6 a.m. yesterday morning for my bone scan and CT scan.

For the bone scan, the radiologist gave me an IV (on the second try!) and inserted radioactive dye into my system. The dye was very cold going in so for the next two hours while it circulated, I froze! The scan itself was about 25 minutes long. It wasn't a tube like the MRI and it was very quiet, unlike the MRI. I had to lie perfectly still on my back while they slowly backed me under a large square that scanned from the top of my head to my toes. When that was complete, they took an additional picture of my head and my ribs.

Before the CT scan, I had to drink three glasses of this citrusy milkly substance--not good. It was supposed to fill up my bladder and colon so they could see more. This scan only took about five minutes. They took two pictures from my neck to my pelvic bone and then I was given more dye for contrast and they took a few more. This dye was also cold and because the IV had been in for several hours by then, was extremely uncomfortable.

We ate lunch when we got home and Bella and I took a nap. I slept for over three hours and was still tired when I finally got up.

Results should be back by Tuesday.

No comments: