Friday, May 30, 2008

Chemo #2

The second chemo is over and today I feel pretty good.

It took the nurses quite a long time to find a vein that would work. They ended up sticking me three times before they finally got it to work. The bad news is that now I have to get a port--another surgery. I know it will be better in the long run. But it really sucked to hear it yesterday.

This time Charlene (my wonderful nurse) started with the A drug. Its the red one administered by syringe through my IV. After that was the C drug. It was a slow process and I'm glad I've got two under my belt.

When I got home I did some work at the table and then moved with my computer to the couch where I sat until Scott got home. I took some anti-nausa medicine as soon as I started to feel a little bad. After that I went to bed for a bit. When Scott got me up for dinner, I was feeling OK and then much better after eating. I took a sleeping/anti-nausa pill and slept really well.

On another note, my hair is falling out pretty rapidly. Not in clumps (at least not yet), but in many strands. It was hard to eat breakfast without getting hair in my food and that's just gross. So tonight I plan to say goodbye to my hair. Don't worry, we'll take pictures!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Sue,
Glad you didn't get as sick as the first time. But I remember Dad saying about the time he started to feel better it was time for another dose. Hopefully your medicine will keep you from being that sick. Again my heart goes out to you. You are sooo good at sharing this information with us. The girls at work wanted me to tell you that you are in there prayers also! I love you Sue, just hang in there.

Scott said...

Still beautiful to me.