Saturday, May 3, 2008

Good News!

Finally, after a month of bad news, we get some good! I spoke to Dr. Radford last night and she had the pathology results. The cancer was 1.7 cm (about the size of a marble). Of 12 lymph nodes she removed, only one was cancerous. And all of my margins are clear!

I'm still looking at radiation and chemo and will find out more after I meet with the oncologist on Tuesday. She said I would also be getting my drains out on Tuesday and I am so ready for that!

I can't tell you the relief we all feel. It's like winning the lottery!

4 comments:

M Golden said...

Sue, this is SUCH great news. I'm so glad to learn that the margins are clear. :-) Big hug,
Michelle

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that you finally got such great news. The clear margins and only one lymph node affected is great news. I have been thinking about you all week!

You are well on th road to recovery!
XOXO,
Beth

Mike Bizelli said...

Dear Sue,
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Your attitude is outstanding. God bless.

Mike & Kay Bizelli

Mary said...

Hi Sue,

I just wanted you to know that Aunt Kathy shared your website with me. You are truly an inspiration and I know with all the love, support, prayers and family and friends you will get through this. My family wanted me to let you know that you are in their thoughts and prayers. Just remember PMA. ( Positive Mental Attitude) I know it is easy to say but if anyone can do it it's YOU!

Love, Mary