Thursday, July 3, 2008

Emotional

This last treatment has left me almost feeling like quiting the race. Side effects have seemed to get worse everytime and physically and emotionally, I am beat.

I feel like I go to work, then come home to bed. There hasn't been much interaction with the girls and it showed--I just didn't have the energy. The younger two were fighting more than usual and were extra obstinate. Alexis left to stay with my parents.

Although they know I am sick, it's been hard for them to see me like this. I've felt like a failure as a mother and it sucks. Everyone is on edge and I know it's because of me. It's one of the few times where I question the fairness of it all. What did I do that was so bad to deserve this?

As I begin to feel better, these feelings begin to fall away too--thank God! The girls are better and we're looking forward to a nice long weekend with family and friends.

My hope is that the next 12 rounds are easier (as the doc and nurses claim they are) and that my life can get back to some sense of normalcy.

Thanks to my loving husband who continually tells me how beautiful I am and for carrying more than his fair share of the load, to my parents and in-laws who step in to give the girls a break, and to my friends for being there to check in on me.

Let's get these 12 out of the way and move on!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Sue,
My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what you are going thru and you have a right to feel a pity party every once in a while. I still say you are doing great! You are a very strong person and with the help of God and family and friends you will get thru this and if it takes yelling, crying or feeling sorry for yourself that is ok. I am glad you are starting to feel better for the holidays. Hopefully you can enjoy them. Hang in there girl and you are always in my prayers.
Aunt Pat

blscholl said...

Sue,
I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am praying that the next 12 treatments will be easier for you.

Angel Barbara ^j^