Thursday, July 31, 2008

Eight to Go

Having trouble sleeping tonight so I thought I'd update everyone.

Other than the overall body soreness, which isn't fun, but can somewhat be controlled, I've had some weird, but "normal" side effects to the Taxol. The first round there was some tingling in my toes. It almost felt like I had been walking all day in tennis shoes that were slightly small. Wasn't awful and hasn't happened again.

Second round my fingertips started peeling. No pain involved, but a strange feeling. Will be interesting to see if it happens this time.

And then there are the hot flashes. I get several on and off throughout the day, but the nights seem to be the worst. To the point where they wake me up. And sometimes Scott when I throw the covers on and off--sorry honey! I'll be happy to see these go, but there's not guarantee they're going to end when the treatment does.

I have my next treatment on Thursday and then get to skip a week for a long-awaited and long-needed vacation. It's my parent's 40th wedding anniversary and in lieu of a party, they wanted us all to go somewhere as a family.

Becky and I did some research and we're off to the Destin area for some sun and relaxation. We rented a house right on the beach! The only thing missing will be our three new family members. Becky and Eric are in Russia as I type meeting their children for the first time. You can catch up on their travels on Becky's blog.

My hope is that some rest and relaxation will enable me to come back more focused and in control. I have a lot going on with the kids, Becky and Eric, and work and have been lacking focus. A change of scenery may be just what I need...I hope!

No comments: