Wednesday, October 7, 2009

One Year Down...Four to Go

Can you believe it's been one year since my last chemo? How can it seem like a million years ago and just yesterday all at the same time? Time flies when you’re … well, maybe it actually wasn't much fun.

But really, I am amazed at how quickly the year has gone. Just think, in just four years, I'll be considered in remission! So happy cancerversary to me!

And while this past year hasn't been the best, I am still extremely thankful...

...for my amazing husband who never fails to show me how much I mean to him.

...for my wonderful children who learned far more about breast cancer than anyone their age ever should.

...for the support of my family and friends.

...for the new friends I have made and for old ones I have reconnected with (thanks, Facebook!)

...for the doctors and nurses who treated me, especially my plastic surgeon!

...that my hair is growing back with curls, even though I look like I have an afro if I don't do something with it.

...that I look good in pink--I have a lot of that color in my closet now.

...that every day is one step closer to being considered free from cancer.

Since October is breast cancer awareness month, please pray of all the mothers, wives, daughters, granddaughters, nieces, etc. with breast cancer. Reach out and support them. A call, card, or meal is more appreciated than you'll ever know.

No comments: