Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Beginning

It was this week last year when we discovered the lump which quickly turned into the downward spiral that ended with a cancer diagnosis.

Sometimes I still can't believe this has happened. It's almost as if I've been watching a movie of my life for the past year. I guess it was easier than dealing with the reality of the situation.

I'm not considered cancer free until its been five years from the end of treatment. But I feel cancer free and I guess that's what matters. I kicked cancer's ass!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I can't believe it has been a year already. I know it's been a rough one for you and your family. But again I am so so proud of you, and yes you HAVE kicked the cancer in the butt and it will not come back. You have been really strong thru this and very informative too. Love you and if you all need a break you can always head south to see us and then Grandma and Aunt Debbie.