Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm Done!

With chemo that is. Last Thursday was the last time poison will be sent coursing through my veins. Scott, Mom, Dad, Becky, and Mary joined me for the final step in this part of my journey.

A huge thanks to all of the nurses at the St. Louis Breast Cancer Institute. They are truly awesome women! Here is Sandra flushing out my port for the last time.



I got to wear the feather boa and crown while everyone cheered and bubbles were blown.



My amazing husband is a continued support for me.
He takes such good care of us.

Mom and Dad are truly awesome. Mom went with me to almost every session while Dad watched the girls. I couldn't have made it through without them.

Mary took me to chemo while mom was out of town. She was always there with gifts, flowers, and fun things for the girls.

With everything that Becky is doing to prepare for my niece and nephews, she always had time for me. She is much more than a sister.
I was so excited to be done, I bought myself a present! The girls are head over heels!

Meet our new family member, Quincy. She a nine-week old Pug.


Now were getting to the exciting part! I just can't wait for my hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes to grow back! I'm scheduled to see Dr. Coplin in six weeks to talk about follow up strategy which will include Tamoxifen and periodic testing. In the meantime, I'm scheduled for the first of three reconstruction surgeries on October 21.

2 comments:

Aud said...

Woo Hoo!! I'm so glad that you're done with this phase. How are you feeling? I love the pictures; it's been so long since I've seen your parents - they look just the same. And Becky -ist she still supposed to be like 10 years old?
Congratulations on the end of chemo - you've got a great family behind you, things will continue to look up! And I love the pug - always wanted one of those. The girls are growing so fast, it's amazing. Send me an email when you can, let me know how you're doing.
Love
Aud

Pat said...

Hip Hip Hooray!! I am so glad they are over for you. You have really been stronger than I would have and an inspiration. You have always been up although I know it wasn't always that way. I know you still have a long road ahead but you are strong and will do fine. You have God on your side and a wonderful family that is by your side. I love the pictures and wish we could come up.I think if Mom was still at my house we would. I know you have an anniversary coming up too!! Celebrate it!!!!
Love your new family member, she looks soo cute.
Hang in there girl and you are still in my prayers.
Aunt Pat